AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF AI AARO:
- To provide a non profit making organisation for the benefit of obese patients.
- To promote the study of causes and treatment of obesity and to spread the information.
- To create awareness about obesity and its adverse impacts on health through lectures, interactive seminars, symposia and workshops.
- To publish and circulate literature related to the subject under the banner of AARO.
- To hold obesity camps for the detection of obesity and provide guidance to the affected.
- To organise training programmes for the medical and paramedical personnel.
- To promote and encourage research on obesity through scholarships to students
- To offer prizes and merit awards for distinguished services in the research on obesity.
- To co-operate with Govt. and semi government bodies of public health..
PLANS FOR FUTURE
- To start online Diploma Course on Obesity by AI AARO.
- To set up Obesity Training Programmes and preparing modules of the same which can be conducted across India.
- To plan academic events chapter wise for the year and execute them.
- To reinitiate Delhi and Tamil Nadu Chapters.
- To Initiate Orissa Chapter.